22 May 2011

I Vampiri: Lucrezia Borgia by strangeling at Zazzle

by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

"I Vampiri: Lucrezia Borgia" is the title - the eighth in the series of paintings called "I Vampiri " (which is Italian for The Vampires) - a new line of paintings that feature vampire beauties inspired by Italian Baroque & Italian Renaissance themes and aesthetics. This eighth painting is called "I Vampiri: Lucrezia Borgia" - the fascinating Lucrezia herself. Her sinisterly-portrayed character has been taken a bit further by incorporating vampiric elements. I love her goblet (what's in there - blood? Poison? The cantarella?) You may of course recognize the 15th-16th Century portrait by Altobello Melone of Lucrezia's brother, Cesare (a rather interesting character himself...).

For thousands of wonderful gift ideas, visit Zazzle - perfect customizable gifts for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...